Plympton-Wyoming

About

The Town of Plympton-Wyoming was created through the amalgamation of the Township of Plympton and the Village of Wyoming on January 1, 2001.

Plympton Township, containing 75,907 acres, became Crown property in 1827.  Sir John Colborne named it after a town a few miles from Lady Colborne’s early home in Devon, England.  The Township survey was finished in 1832.  Interestingly, the front concession along Lake Huron was laid out French-Canadian style, in 51 lots, to give as many farms as possible a lakeside location.  Once surveyed, much of the Township was granted to the sons and daughters of United Empire Loyalists.

The Village of Wyoming owes its birth and early growth to the Great Western Railway.  Until the rail line was constructed between Sarnia and London, the future village site was farm land.  When it was announced that a Great Western Railway station would be built there, six hundred building lots were created and offered for sale by auction in 1856.

Contact

Town of Plympton-Wyoming
546 Niagara St.
Wyoming, ON N0N 1T0

Municipal Office: 519-845-3939
After Hours – Public Works and Roads: 519-331-2068
After Hours – Water and Sewer: 1-888-399-1643
www.plympton-wyoming.com